Zotero and LyZ - Using LyZ

Hi,

I would like to link Zotero with LyX and have seen that people use LyZ as a Firefox Add-on. Does anyone know how to make LyZ work, given that Firefox recently updated to Firefox Quantum. According to the Firefox Add-ons page for LyZ, LyZ is not compatible with Firefox Quantum. If anyone knows how to make Zotero and LyX link up, I would greatly appreciate your help!

(This is the Add-ons page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lyz/)
  • There is the LyZ plugin that you can install in Zotero to use with LyX.
    https://github.com/willsALMANJ/lyz

You need to install it in Zotero (by clicking Tools → Add-ins), not in Firefox.
  • Thank you! How do I do that? So I don't need to download anything for LyZ through Firefox? When I download the lyz-master zip file, none of the files appear to be installable add-ons through Zotero.
  • From the Mozilla page right click on the install button and choose Saved Linked File As to save the .xpi file (or similarly save the .xpi file from the GitHub releases page). Then load into Zotero from its Tools -> Add-Ons menu. You don’t install anything related to Zotero in Firefox anymore, other than the Zotero Connector.
  • LyZ has new maintainers & there has not been a stable version released in over a year (though there have been a few modest changes since then, including one that makes it easier to install on new versions of Zotero standalone). I suspect that xpi from the Firefox page would still work, but you may have to change the manifest to show compatibility with the current version of Zotero standalone.

It is also likely that you can change the extension of what you downloaded on github from 'zip' to 'xpi' & that it'll work, but I have not tested that and willsALMANJ would be better able to say how much time you should spend trying to get it to work if it or what to tweak next.

I suspect he'd also welcome a pull request for a documentation update if you end up
  • Thank you all! I figured it out! Does anyone know how to make the "[citation]" that LyX uses, "(citation)"?
  • That looks like a LyX question, not a Zotero question. I think you mean this, but you should use their support list if you mean something else or give us more information on why you think it is a Zotero question.