Field is undefined error

edited November 24, 2017
Hello,

I could see other people have had the same problem.

I am using Word 15.40 / Zotero Standalone 5.0.28 / Safari 11.0.1

Solutions provided did not work for me.
-I activated/unactivated track changes.
-I tried to paste in another fresh doc (same problem).
-I check updates (everything is updated) and reinstalled Microsoft word module from Zotero parameters.

I can insert references in some parts (old ones) of the document but not in the new one. I cannot even erase with the back key what I have just written (I have to highlight it first). Some parts seem to be corrupted.
How can it happen ? How to solve the problem and how to make sure it will not start again ?

Do you have any solution so that I can insert references (because I have to type them in plain text, which is not efficient for new references) ?

Thank You
Matt

[JavaScript Error: "field is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 1706}] 393895728
  • You likely have a corrupted citation somewhere in your document. Follow these steps to find the broken citation, delete it, and re-insert it.
    http://zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents

@adomasven @fbennett This seems to be happening more frequently than normal recently for users on Mac Word 15.40.
  • @tamieu Could you produce a Debug ID for an attempt to insert a citation in the part of the document that does not work?
  • Thank you for your help. The problem is solved. Here is the process :

I selected the whole text and copied it into a new word document. By a miracle of the nature, the a priori corrupted segment has not been pasted (around 3 pages out of 60).
    I went back to the native document and copied the corrupted segment (the missing one in the second word document) into a third word document. I re-inserted the references.
    Once done, I copied the old corrupted segment (now no more corrupted) from the third word document and inserted it into the second word document at its basic place.
    Done.