Synch to account with new password insists on deleting local data

Hello, I set up an account with a new password but the same user name. The message I get is "This Zotero data base was last synched with a different account (username) from the current one. If you continue, data associated with the account (username) will be removed from this computer". How do I get around this problem? I want to synch the data on my local drive to the account with the new password and I have successfuly paid for extra storage on that account to do so.
Thanks
  • There's no way to set up a second account with the same username, so I'm not sure what you mean here. If you just want to change your username or move a storage subscription between accounts, we can do that for you if you email support@zotero.org, but you can't currently change accounts in the Zotero program without deleting existing data (for various technical reasons).
  • I have found the right account ID. I had not synched since July and since then, I had to install the stand alone version after installing a FireFox upgrade. When I initialized the Zotero version, I just pointed to the Zotero directory and it pulled all my prior data in. Although this Zotero version recognizes the account now, it won't sync. When I place my cursor on the sync icon the message is...Last synced:not yet synced. When I click on the icon a blue dot appears to the left and promptly disappears. I can tell from my PaperShip account that the new data are not loaded to the web site. Help?