UNable to register new user on Zotero.org website

I have filled in the registartion form on two separate computers but when I press the "Register" button nothing happens and eventually the Captcha wants to be reapplied.

Is this a server problem or website problem at your end?
  • edited November 17, 2017
    Other people are successfully registering, so it's at least not a general problem.
    If you're posting from the same computer (or same IP address) I don't see any errors on our end being logged for requests from your address either.

The captcha seems to work normally for you though? Giving you the green checkmark?

edit:
    And you're not getting any error messages from the registration form? What browser/version are you using?
  • Yes I get the green Capchta check mark. I then press the Blue Register button but nothing sems to happen. Am using Google Chrome fully up to date.
    Tried from two computers so far. Will try a different browser.
  • Chrome should work perfectly fine, even if it was relatively older.
    I'm wondering if something is blocking the script. I'd expect it to block the captcha too unless that was whitelisted.

When you enter a username, does it update the preview url, and change it to red or green after you're finished?
  • Yes it does change the url as it goes along and then it turns green at the end.
    I get the Captcha green tick.
    Have just tried Firefox with much the same result.
    Press the Blue Register button and all I get is a dotted line box around the inside edge of the button (showing that it has been pressed) and then nothing.
    After a while Captcha comes up with verification expired notice.
  • Turned off all Anti-Virus software - still does not work! Either in Chrome or Firefox

Can an administrator register me manually please as this is not happening via the website today.
  • yes, email registration@zotero.org with your desired username and email address.
  • Email sent, so fingers crossed
    Thank you for your help.