WebDAV - Not everything uploading

I'm using WebDAV to sync attachments. I've got accounts on both box.com and 4shared, and both seem to suffer from the same problem: not everything uploads and thus can't sync.

My library is 1,767 items, most of which have attachments. The storage folder for Zotero is 2.13gb - plenty of space on both box.com (10gb free) and 4shared (15gb free), but not that much uploads. My zotero folder on box.com has only 386 items (~176 MB) whereas my zotero folder on 4shared has 830 items (~643 MB).

I've followed the steps on the WebDAV help page, tried resetting storage, etc. Nothing seems to work. I might try to setup WebDAV on a personal server, but until then, why isn't everything uploading?
  • edited November 16, 2017
    Can you generate a Debug ID for the first sync after doing a Reset File Sync History from the Sync -> Reset pane of the Zotero preferences (assuming that doesn't transfer everything)?
  • Reset File Sync then synced to 4shared.
    Debug ID: D1301064083

Thanks!
  • What's the 8-character item key of an attachment that didn't upload? (You can get the item key by doing Show File in Zotero and looking at the folder name.)
  • The first (alphabetical) item in my library: NP87TETL.

Checking the folder on 4shared, it seems that it has uploaded everything starting with numbers through some of the As.
    First: 2ARE2RJZ
    Last: A45SSIAR
  • Checking the folder on 4shared, it seems that it has uploaded everything starting with numbers through some of the As.
    First: 2ARE2RJZ
    Last: A45SSIAR
    I'm not sure how that could be the case. The debug output certainly shows many higher keys being uploaded:
    (3)(+0000092): HTTP PUT https://****:****@webdav.4shared.com/zotero/SB4QTMEP.zip succeeded with 200
  • I'm not sure why that is, but it most definitely is not in the 4shared folder. It's been at 643.1 MB since my first upload (about a week ago). Even though Zotero has been open and syncing since then, it hasn't uploaded anything else to 4shared.
  • You'd have to check that with 4shared. Zotero is making PUT requests and the 4shared servers are saying they're successful.

Are you sure you're checking the right account?
  • I have checked that with the zotero folder on 4shared. I only have one 4shared account - I created it specifically to test this because files also weren't being uploaded when using box.com.

I've noticed that three files were uploaded today; those were files that I had opened as PDF-A, enabled editing, and saved as regular PDFs. However, these types of files are pretty few and far between in my collection, and PDF-A shouldn't be disabled from uploading anyway, should they?
  • All I can tell you is what's in the debug output, which shows lots of files being successfully uploaded. You can add a new file and provide another Debug ID for the first sync after that, and if that doesn't appear on the server I can tell you what it shows.
  • Not sure what's going on, but just noticed that a bunch of files were uploaded yesterday. Instead of 643 MB there is now 791 MB and 1,071 attachments (out of 1,491 items with attachments) have been uploaded.