can't sort out APA 6 exporting Bib to memory wider than desired?

I'm trying to export from the standalone 2 bibliographies for different chapters of my dissertation (APA 6th style) to Word 2016 now to submit for my defense!! But each time I try, they come out wider than the space allotted. The margins are set at 1.2 left and there seems to be an inch left on the right., but the hanging indents that come out are 0.3 greater than the existing space. There was a discussion about this some years ago in the database, and the suggestion then was to set export.quickCopy.compatibility.word to true in the hidden_prefs, which may work, but I don't know how to implement it for the standalone; where are the settings on this one? I looked at the hidden preferences but it is gibberish to me.I wish I could upload a graphic to show you what is happening. I'll pay if that's what it takes. Any takers? How to fix this, please?
Best, Peter

• First question, have you inserted citations for your chapters as live Zotero citations into the Word documents? If so, you will want to insert the Bibliography using the Add/Edit Bibliography function in the Zotero tab in Word as well.

If not, then you will use the Create Bibliogrpahy function in Zotero like you already are. What you are experiencing is a long-standing bug in how Word handles HTML content on the clipboard.

You have a couple of options. Easiest would be to export the Bibliogrpahy as RTF, then open the file in Word and cut-paste into a new document. Another option would be to make a Qucik Style in Word with the correct formatting (margins, font, font size, line spacing, indents), set that as the style at your cursor, then use the Match Destination Formatting paste option. Both will work.