Sync: only sync one folder in My Library?

Right now it looks like when you sync your library items, it uploads everything in My Library. Is there a way to only sync one of the folders in My Library instead of the whole thing?

I'm working on a team that is building a common literature review and we are pooling our citations into one common account on Zotero. However, one member of the team used Zotero before this project and has other citations unrelated to the project on his local computer's Zotero library. He doesn't want to sync these unrelated cites. Is there a way to do this? I thought perhaps if he created a new Firefox profile and downloaded Zotero to this, it would save the files in a new location, separate from his first firefox profile. Would this work?
  • Is there a way to only sync one of the folders in My Library instead of the whole thing?
    Not yet. Group functionality is planned.
    He doesn't want to sync these unrelated cites. Is there a way to do this?
    Presently, the only way to do it would be to maintain two separate zotero libraries.
    I thought perhaps if he created a new Firefox profile and downloaded Zotero to this, it would save the files in a new location, separate from his first firefox profile. Would this work?
    Yes, a separate profile would work & it is probably marginally easier to switch between profiles. If he doesn't mind not having everything else in sync, this is a good solution. Because you can specify your zotero data directory, you don't need to create a separate profile to use multiple zotero databases. You do have to restart firefox when switching between them, though.