Citation issue with same author names

Hello Zotero family,

I have been facing this issue for quite sometime now.

If i cite 2 authors with same name, e.g. Clark, P. J. and Clark, V. L. P., the citations become (V. L. P. Clark & Creswell, 2015) and (P. J. Clark, Newcomer, & Jones, 2015)
with correct citations being (Clark & Creswell, 2015) and (Clark, Newcomer, & Jones, 2015) respectively.

Clark, P. J., Newcomer, J. M., & Jones, A. M. (2015). Overcoming Gender Barriers in Aircraft Maintenance: Women’s Perceptions in the United States. Collegiate Aviation Review, 33(2). Retrieved from https://works.bepress.com/drjason/8/
Clark, V. L. P., & Creswell, J. W. (2015). Understanding research: a consumer’s guide (Second edition). Boston: Pearson.

How can I solve this issue? Please help.

Thanks.
  • (V. L. P. Clark & Creswell, 2015) and (P. J. Clark, Newcomer, & Jones, 2015) is correct APA style. The manual requires to include initials of first authors where they have the same name, even if the citations can otherwise be distinguished.
  • Thanks for your prompt response !
    I found the reference to your comment in the APA manual too.

pg. 176
    "If a reference list includes publications by two or more primary authors with the same surname, include the first author's initials in all text citations, even if the year of publication differs. Initials help the reader to avoid confusion within the text and to locate the entry in the list of references."

Cheers :)