Amazon Link Attachment

When I save something from Amazon, it always adds a link to Amazon as an attachment. Is there a way to turn this feature off? I have begun to delete that attachment - is there any reason to keep it? Though I am just getting started, it seems like it would simply slow things down. The last question, and maybe this should be in troubleshooting, but after I delete the attachment, the little +/- still shows up in the center column next to the item even though it no longer has an attachment - why? Is there a way to get rid of it?
  • When I save something from Amazon, it always adds a link to Amazon as an attachment. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
    If you turn off the "Automatically take snapshots..." option in the Zotero prefs, these links won't get saved. Of course, that also turns off snapshots on, say, NYT articles. It's possible these should be separate preferences, since some people may want one and not the other. It's also possible that snapshots of NYT articles should be controlled by the same preference as PDF files, since both constitute actual content, whereas links to database records (Amazon, JSTOR, etc.) are somewhat incidental.
    after I delete the attachment, the little +/- still shows up in the center column next to the item even though it no longer has an attachment
    It's a bug. We'll fix it.
  • Thank you!