Using Zotero with Internet Explorer

Can anyone advise me how I can use Zotera with Internet explorer?
  • Internet Explorer doesn’t have an extensions framework (like Firefox or Chrome), so there isn’t a Zotero connector for Internet Explorer.

There is a bookmaret that can use:
    https://www.zotero.org/downloadbookmarklet

This bookmarklet will import items to the Zotero.org server (which you can then sync down to your local Zotero desktop app). This is less convenient than the connector plugin for Firefox/Chrome and it isn’t as powerful (e.g., you can’t change its settings or import webpages that Zotero doesn’t recognize), but that is the limitation of Internet Explorer.

In general, I recommend you switch to using Firefox or Chrome. These both are being actively developed, whereas Internet Explorer is not.
  • Thank you very much for your swift response.
  • So the bookmarklet doesn't seem to work for me on IE10, at PubMed or J Med Chem - two sites I would think there should be a good translator for. Just keep getting an error saying "Saving file. . ." and some text about translator compatability with a link, but it never saves to my standalone Zotero on Windows 7.
  • The bookmarklet only saves to the zotero.org web library. Is it saving there?
  • Yes, it worked now, but wasn't yesterday for some reason. But obviously, IE doesn't have really good translators, so what it ended up importing was not very helpful, from PubMed or a Science Direct journal. As usual, will stick to FF and Chrome, and recommend as such.