New update: No Save Feature in Firefox Toolbar

I'm trying to figure out all the new convoluted nonsense with the new Zotero, and I've lost the Save icon in my toolbar.
I have installed the standalone app on my computer, it is open.
I have installed, reinstalled and reinstalled the Zotero Connector.
I have tried going into the Manage Add-Ons, but there isn't an option to do anything that resembles restoring the feature to the toolbar.

What's the point of managing resources if you can't add them? Anyone else having this problem or figured out how to fix it?
  • What version of Firefox?

• To be clear, the red Z icon isn’t there anymore, but there should still be the button with the item type icon for import. If you open the “Customize Toolbar” dialog, do you see the Zotero button?
  • Just to be sure, under the Tools menu Add-ons>extensions the Zotero connector is enabled?

No red Z normally but the display shows more subtle icons that change depending upon whether you are offered a journal article, book, conference proceeding or report.

To get to the Customize controls you should click the right-most icon (the 3 horizontal lines "hamburger" icon). At the very bottom of the dialog box with multiple icons you will see a "+Customize" button. Click that. You should then see the big Red Z at the top of your browser window among the icons that are immediately to the right of the Search field. That shows you where the variable Zotero icons are positioned among the other ones.

The import to Zotero icon for me was kind-of lost among the other icons to the right of the search bar so, to make it easier to click I moved it to the left so that it is between the URL field and the search field.