Find function not working in generated report in new version of Zotero

I have installed the new version of Zotero as requested today, and find that I cannot use the function 'Find' in a generated report. The option is there on the drop down menu 'Edit', but when I select it, nothing happens. I can do a search within the main Zotero window, but this is the 'Find and Replace' function, so doesn't show successive occurences of the search term, which was a major way of utilising my Zotero sources before, please help!
  • What version of Zotero?
  • Unfortunately Find has never worked for reports in the standalone version of Zotero, and 5.0 is no different. (It worked in Zotero for Firefox because it just displayed the report in a Firefox window.)

This will be fixed at some point, but the only workaround in the meantime would be to save the report as HTML, view it in your browser, and search from there.

(This has never been a common way of searching in Zotero, for what that's worth.)
  • The download says Zotero 5.0.24. If this is not a common way of searching, am I missing a better way?
  • Just using the quick search field in the upper right of the Zotero window (you can click the dropdown menu to switch between searcher [1] authors, titles, and years, [2] all fields and tags, and [3] all content, including notes and full text attachments). You can also use Advanced Search (the magnifying class icon) to search within specific fields (e.g., collections, notes, or attachment content).
  • I would very much like to see a word search function added to the new version of Zotero. I use this function extensively when working with large reports. Creating an html document is a step backwards on what is a very efficient platform