After updating my Mac to the latest OS, Zotero doesn't function any more.

edited November 8, 2017
Hello, everyone!
Last night I updated my Mac to the latest version, and the problem comes:
Even when I have Zotero open, anytime I open a Ris. file, another Zotero will be launched, and things never work out like before.
Is any way to fix this? I don't think I can go back to my former Mac OS, is that anyway I can make Zotero work better?
thanks!

• Is this just a problem with opening RIS files, or do you have other problems with Zotero ("doesn't function any more" sees to suggest a more fundamental issue).
  • Thanks, Adam.
    Normally, when I open the RIS file, it will naturally show up in the Zotero that was already opened, and go to the collection I want it to be. But now, every time when I open an IRS file, it opens Zotero as separate app, then I would get the notice that "there is already a Zotero is open". If I close the Zotero, then open the IRS file, the Zotero will be started, but it never gets shown up in the Zotero. Which make download citation become impossible...
  • Hmm -- that wasn't what I was asking though. Are other operations in Zotero working and you're just struggling with RIS import? How about import from the connector/browser?
  • Sorry for the confusion:)
    The import from browser didn't work either.
  • That's odd -- which Zotero version exactly are you running?
  • I'd suggest updating to Zotero 5 for a start.
  • Zotero is aware of the issue with opening RIS Files—this was broken in High Sierra. But other functions should work fine. Post back here if they still aren’t working after you upgrade to Zotero 5.
  • Thank both of you!

I updated to Zotero 5, restarted my computer. The problem stays. Once the IRS file opens, it still tries to launch Zotero again (even this app was already opened), and I see a reminder that: "A copy of Zotero is already open. Only one copy of Zotero can be open at a time." Well, normally the citation should be automatically added to the opened Zotero...
  • edited November 8, 2017
    This is already fixed in the latest 5.0 Beta for the next version of Zotero (5.0.25), which will be released soon.
  • Thank you for the update! May I know how long it takes to release the5.0 beta? today I had to export my reference to Endnote to keep working on my paper, if it takes too long, I might have to learn to adapt to Endnote during this period...it is kind of painful to switch between two softwares...
  • You can upgrade to the beta at the link Dan gave right now. The version will be released to everyone soon—you can always switch back to the regular release schedule after that (from Zotero.org/download).
  • Thank you all very much, the beta version works!!! I appreciate your patience and timely help! Have a nice evening!