Upgrade problem - empty Zotero database

Hi, I've upgraded to 5.0, from having both a firefox version and a standalone version (which I rarely used), and I can't find my library :(

I've tried following instructions in other forum discussions, but with no success in finding my data (e.g. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/67052/5-0-upgrade-didnt-find-4-0-library).

On installation, I wasn't asked any specific questions about firefox/standalone, except whether I wanted to go with the default or a custom installation (I went with default), though I did notice my security initially blocked something within the installation, that I immediately unblocked.

The c:\Users\myname\Zotero folder has 4 folders (locate, styles, tmp, translators) and 3 sqlite files, all downloaded today. My data isn't there.

The c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles folder doesn't seem to have a Zotero folder in it. It does have a "zotero@chnm.gmu.edu" folder, buried quite deep in the directory, with a "storage" file in it, but it doesn't seem to be possible to point to it from the new Zotero (the message is that the directory isn't empty and isn't a Zotero file)

The c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Zotero folder has a Zotero folder in it, which has a Profiles folder, but it doesn't seem to be possible to point to any of them from the new Zotero (message as above).

Please can someone help me find my data. Thank you.