Export Bibtex to latex with all superscript and subscript characters

I’m using Zotero in my word file and the title of the items in the reference list is fine in word. However, when exporting the library as a bibtex file, all the items appears in latex without superscript and subscript characters. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • How do sub and superscript characters look in Zotero itself? They should export to BibTeX just fine.
  • Sorry, I didn’t get it ! What do you mean by Zotero itself?
    When I export the library as bibtex file and open it by notepad ++ I was expecting something like Fe $^{2+}$ for Fe 2+ and CO$_{2}$ for Co2 but it is not the case. Actually they appear as Fe2+ and CO2 inside the bib file and consequently, when using the bib file in latex I got the title in the bibliography without any sub or superscript character and some time even the cap letters appear as small caps.
    I’m writing my Phd thesis and i have long list of references, I will appreciate your suggestions.
  • In the Zotero title field -- what do you have there so that it prints the reference correctly in Word?
  • Sorry, i just realized that even in the word file the bibliography is not fine. Regarding your question ,In the title field, they appear without sub or superscript. For example,
    '' 40Ar/39Ar muscovite dating of thrust activity in a sedimentary environment: A case study from the Axial Zone of the Pyrenees''.
  • Right, that's what I thought. They often don't get exported correctly by publishers, so if you just import the paper, there isn't much we can do.
    In Zotero, using your Fe/Co example above, this should be
    Fe<sup>2+</sup> and Co<sub>2</sub>
  • Unfortunately! So what should I do to export it import it correctly from publishers (just for the future) ?
  • You probably can't get the correct data on import, you'll have to manually fix it in Zotero as per the above. See also https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/rich_text_bibliography
  • Ok, thank you so much!