Beginner (oder advanced?) Questions for daily working with Zotero

Hi there,
I got (for now) two questions to Zotero which is undoubtely an awesome tool.

System: Win8, Office (Word) 2013, Zotero 5.0.23

Questions:

(1) In order to be able to switch your Zotero-Quotes, you do it from the beginning at best exclusively with the button of the Word-Plugin INSTEAD of using Ctrl+Alt+F (common footnote).
BUT: Is there as well any abbreviated instruction to execute the Zotero-footnote/reference? That would make my day much easier.
FURTHER: Is there any trick to add DIRECTLY to that pasted quote a Page number for that quote?

Otherwise I need nonetheless to switch manually to the footer :-( Can I make my life here easier as well?

(2) Notes of your added References

I've used the function to add some notes to the references I added to Zotero, esp. regarding articles from websites. Mostly I copied+pasted some full quotes of the websites to the notes.
But when I started to work daily and tried to fill in the references, I noticed that the content of the notes aren't obviously covered by the Zotero-Pop-Up Window, which appears if you want to enter a reference: Here you can just search for the Titles of the added references OR the Name(s) of the Author(s) of it.

Well, that's just what making my days cloudy :)

Any ideas how to improve that?

Thank you in advance for any help!

B10
  • 1) https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage has answers to all of these. You can set up word shortcuts as per https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_shortcuts#microsoft_word_for_windows
    and you can add page numbers by adding pages after the citation following commas.

2) Correct, you can't really search by notes in the word add-on (though you can in the classic view)
  • Thank you so much!

regarding 1): The issue with the shortcut worked. Awesome.

Just the issue with the "add page numbers by adding pages after the citation following commas." doesn't work in my Version!?

But I found out, that if I've choosen the citation and CLICK on it, I can add the page numbers. That works. Just... I need nonetheless to click on it :-7

Is there as well any trick to do that without removing the fingers from the keyboard? :-]

regarding 2): alright, bad luck :-7

Thank you in advance for any help!

B10
  • Ctrl/Cmd+Down Arrow is the keyboard shortcut to bring up the affix/page number window.
  • Yes, you add pages with keyboard only in two ways:
    You search for a citation, select it, it then appears blue (or whatever color you see that as) your can then either
    1) type , 12-15. Note the space after the comma; it's required or
    2) Press ctrl+down to see the dropdown options and go to the page field using tab
  • Awesome. Thank you!