Connector "Save to Zotero" option absent in Chrome

I have the latest Zotero connector set up both in Firefox and in Chrome. When I view a list of journal articles in Firefox, the connector shows a folder icon; if I click it, I can choose which items on the list to capture the references of.

When I view the same list of journal articles in Zotero, the connector only allows me to save the Web page as a snapshot to Zotero. I can't choose to capture reference data for selected items. Even when I simply view a single book on, say, Google Books I don't have the option to save reference data, only a snapshot of the page.

I don't see any difference in the connector's setup between Firefox and Chrome, so why is it not working properly in Chrome?
  • What versions of the connector are you running in Firefox and Chrome? Check to be sure both are up to date. If so, can you submit a Debug ID from the Chrome connector on a page that doesn’t work (but which works in Firefox)?
  • I'm using 5.0.24 in both browsers; they are up-to-date...

I just un-installed the connector for Chrome (even though it was up-to-date) and re-installed it. Now it works fine. It's a mystery to me but the problem is solved; thanks for your response though!
  • In addition, try disabling all other Chrome extensions and see if that makes a difference.