Problems syncing "build has expired" Error ID 1160520342

Hello,
I'm using Zotero 1.5b2 under Firefox 3.0.10 on a g4 mac running os 10.4.11. This is the 4th machine I'm trying to which I'm trying to sync.
It's giving me many warnings about multiple items changed, which are probably correct, then I'm getting interminable sync times coupled with the same error message as in the thread at http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/6349/troube-syncing/:
[JavaScript Error: "Build has expired -- syncing disabled" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 638}].
Sometimes, it crashes Firefox entirely. When I try to resync, it gives me the same warnings about multiple items changed with the same tags as before, and then... lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Thanks Sean,
    I downloaded the new .1 version as your link instructed. It did seem to get me over that hump, but then I got the same error I've had previously, and is mentioned on a different thread (http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5806/cant-get-my-zotero-library-onto-a-second-machine/:
    "Warning: Unresponsive script: A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/tag.js:46."

The sync seems to have been going now for over two hours without anything visible to show for it either on this machine or in the online library.

The answer to philgons seem to have been some of their 12,000 items might be causing the server to choke. I have a mere 1100 some items, but maybe the answer is the same?
    Someone seemed to suggest to philgons to delete the tags. Philgons tags were all autogenerated and not to meaningful, but for me, though I have a plethora of autogenerated tags via flickr, I also have probably a few hundred of my own that I need. I also depended, at times, on the autogenerated tags for not tagging photos with a location myself, for example, so wouldn't want to delete all the autogenerated ones willy-nilly. Dan Stillman said on that thread that the next beta, which is imminent, might fix this.

Maybe I should just wait a few days?

Oh, by the way, is there a way to stop a sync once it is started? I can't seem to stop this one, even though I don't think it's working.
  • Oh, by the way, is there a way to stop a sync once it is started? I can't seem to stop this one, even though I don't think it's working.
    Restart Firefox.