Is there any way to Import .csv file into zotero?

Actually I want to export papers from IEEE and springer link, though I have also installed chrome connector but when I click on zotero SAVE icon on IEEE page instead of selecting 100 papers per page its only saving 10 papers of that page.

then I download whole search result from IEEE but its by-default saving into .csv file. but zotero is not supporting .csv file.

what should I do now? how to overcome this issue?
  • We'll look at what's going on with the save icon. I'm seeing the same.

You can't import .csv (.csv is just a table and there's no way to know what's in which column), but from IEEE, if you select all items, click Export, Citation, and then export to either BibTex or RIS, Zotero will import that (you'd typically want to select citation+abstract at the bottom of that dialog).
  • @adamsmith thanks for your time.
    I first tried this same way of exporting papers from IEEE but it's also not working, when click on export it does nothing, it gives me msg that ieee block pop-up on this page. Then I go for 2nd option of saving 100 papers pe page.
  • that just sounds like your browser is blocking the popup IEEE uses for export
  • edited October 25, 2017
    yes exactly.

now what should i do now? whats the solution of it?
  • allowing pop-ups from IEE should work -- usually you can do that in the message that says it's blocked.
  • i am a bit afraid that by allowing pop-up, might come any virus in my laptop.
    is it so?
    should i allow it?
  • You don't want to allow all pop-ups. You just want to allow them for IEEE
  • still not working, after allowing popup :(
  • Sorry -- we can look at the Zotero import problem (i.e. the ticket above), but you'll have to talk someone locally about getting RIS download working. I'd assume your library can help you; otherwise try IEEE support
  • OK, so I've looked at the issue with Zotero only detecting 10 items on the page even with 100 selected. IEEE actually loads the search results as you scroll down, though the 100 aren't actually on the page when it loads -- you need to scroll all the way down on the page and _then_ click the save to Zotero button and you'll correctly get all 100 items in the selection dialog.