"Username" and "Password" text entry boxes missing from Preferences:Sync:Settings?

I've just changed my password, and want to change it in Zotero standalone (so it can sync). There used to be "Username" and "Password" text entry boxes in the sync preferences but now instead there is a button "Unlink Account". Should I use this?
  • No. In Zotero 5, syncing authentication is handled by an API key (similar to how, for example, the various iPad apps work), so it’s not necessary to re-enter your password on a computer you’ve already authorized to sync with your account.
  • edited November 7, 2017
    In Zotero 5, syncing authentication is handled by an API key (similar to how, for example, the various iPad apps work), so it’s not necessary to re-enter your password on a computer you’ve already authorized to sync with your account.
    Interesting. Can users revoke those API keys via the Zotero website in case they want to prevent a previously authenticated computer from syncing to their account? (which might be desired when e.g. a computer is stolen)
  • Can users revoke those API keys via the Zotero website in case they want to prevent a previously authenticated computer from syncing to their account?
    Not currently, but there's an open issue for it.