Edge vs Google Chrome

I search and save documents using Google. When I return to a saved document and open again, the document opens (often without success) in Edge. How do I change the default to Google Chrome?
  • Zotero opens HTML files with your system's default browser. To change that to Chrome see e.g. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/make-chrome-firefox-default-browser-windows-10
  • Thank you Adam. My default browser is already set for Google and still my Zotero opens in Edge. Any other ideas? Again, thanks. Sheila
  • and you are on Windows 10?
  • Yes. I double checked and Google is my default app. That is why this is so confusing.
  • Yes, definitely Windows 10. I'm not sure that my response was clear about that.
  • Does it make a difference that I'm using Zotero Standalone? I honestly don't know the difference between Zotero and Zotero Standalone.
  • If you right-click on a snapshot and choose Show File, and then double-click on the HTML file in the directory that pops up, what browser does it open in?
  • I have the same problem - Chrome is standard but snapshot opens with win internet explorer and it takes forever o crash because of ?security issues?
    I have no idea how to get out of this.
  • Same question as dstillman asked above.

If you right-click on a snapshot and choose Show File, and then double-click on the HTML file in the directory that pops up, what browser does it open in?
  • I have Windows 10 and I was able to fix this by going into 'choose default apps by file type' and changing pdf files (and whatever other types of documents you have this issue with) from edge to chrome