word plugin improvements

After just having used the word plugin intensively for the first time (inserting about a hundred references into a text) some ideas for improvement. These may sound minor, but they would increase usability quite a lot:

1. multiple sources: the use of multiple sources is now very user unfriendly: To insert multiple sources, I first have to go with the cursor to the left bottwom of the screen, to activate multiple sources. Next, I have to move the cursor to the upper right to click the arrow to add further sources. Too many movements, too many clicks.

Suggestion: At least posit the multiple sources button close to the arrrows. Better: Always show the multiple sources screen. It is not necessary to activate it. If I only quote one source, it works as easy as in the existing version, but it would be one click less for multiple sources. Alternatively, and even better, allow double clicking or ctrl-click to add sources, instead of having to click these arrows. This would eliminate another click. Thus, one could just scroll in the list of entries, ctrl-click - done, citations added.

2. Ordering multiple sources: I wish it would be possible to change the order of multiple sources, simply by dragging them up and down in the list of sources.

3. "suppress author": Most often,if I have to suppress authors, I have to do it for the majority of references in a text . In this case, I do not wish to click the suppress author box for every new source. A preference (per document) would make things much easier. Also, it happens quite often, that I have to suppress the author after having inserted the reference. In this case, at the moment I have to select "edit reference", click "suppress author".
It would be better, If one could do this in the document itself. I know that this is pssible by showing the fieldcodes, but a document with many references looks very messy, if I activate the fieldcodes, and it is cumbersome to deal with it. Endnote solved this problem much better. In endnote, one can just eliminate the author name form the quotation in the word document.
  • 1-2 have been requested/discussed before.

I disagree with you on 3: If most citations need to be styled a particular way, a separate citation style is warranted.
  • on 1-2: oh sorry, I searched the forums but found nothing.
    On 3: No. A separate citation style would hardcode the suppression of the author. But this is not what I want. I want to have it selected, but being able to unselect it, because for some documents, most, but not all need suppression of authors.
  • Do you have a published example of a paper that has citations that are this way?