cannot access my library from new hard drive (zotero 5)

Ack! I can really use some help. I had a drive hard suddenly die and now after replacing drive I am trying to reinstall zotero. Since integrated firefox no longer availalbe, i downloaded and installed firefox 5 and all seemed to go well. I also added the connector for firefox. I logged into my zotero account. I clicked on synching and enable it- i can't remember from what page but it asked for my name and password again and I gave it. I can see some of the refereences in my library on the zotero site before the crash (only about a third of them), but I cannot access any of them from Word. I can see the zotero menu item and click on it and it works, but when i try to select a reference it cannot find any of my references- the list is empty. I am now using Office 2016 for windows. I don't know what to try to get my libary back. As it is, I have to re add 2/3rds of my references, but was at least hoping the others would be there.

Can anyone please help? Its taken hours and hours to try to recover from my dead hard drive and am running out of time for deadlines. Thanks.
  • In Zotero 5 (as before, in Zotero 4), the sync options are in the preferences (Windows)/Options (Mac) in the Sync tab. The preferences are in the Edit menu in Windows and the options in the standard location on Mac.
    That's where you'd enter username and password and the select automatic sync.

Let's start with that. If you see (parts of the) library here on the website, they'll sync.

Also, just to make sure, you don't have a full back-up of the crashed HD?