import from clipboard bibtext style misses "place" and generates an error

error report: 1375873808
I'm importing a reference from logos, and I'm copying it to the clipboard using BibTeX style and then using import from clipboard (not sure if there is a better way to do what I'm doing)

this is what is in the clipboard:

@book{O’Brien_1998,
place={Dallas},
series={Word Biblical Commentary},
title={Colossians, Philemon},
volume={44},
publisher={Word, Incorporated},
author={O’Brien, Peter T.},
year={1998},
collection={Word Biblical Commentary}}

It imports but doesn't include the place, when I went to report it, there seemed to be some background js errors.
thanks for the great work peoples!
  • I don't think "place" is a thing in bibtex. We expect "address" there as the standard for that information. I think we also take "location" from biblatex.

Where does the bibtex come from?
  • hi it comes from logos, app ill report it to them, thanks for reply
  • I had the same issue, according to the CSL linked from zotero (http://docs.citationstyles.org/en/stable/specification.html#standard-variables), it should take publisher-place. Yay standards!
  • CSL and bibtex are not the same thing. It's "address" in bibtex and "publisher-place" in CSL. The fact that the labels are different in different standards is not really a problem (mapping that is trivial). The fact that there's not a clear standard definition for bibtex (the way there is for both CSL and BibLaTeX) is a problem for bibtex.
  • Very true, the lack of a standard definition is both its flexibility and its biggest headache! I was referring to the link from this page: https://www.zotero.org/support/getting_stuff_into_your_library saying to use the CSL tag (though from the extra section), since I couldn't find reference to publication "location" documented anywhere obvious that I could find. Putting my exports into a text editor and replacing "place" with "location" is an acceptable workaround for me, thanks!