Cannot add bibliography Report ID:846172855

edited October 17, 2017
Hi!
I can make citations in the word-document, but when I try to add the bibliography I get a message saying Zotero encountered a problem when updating my document, "(intermediate value)[command] is not a function". Up til a week ago I have been able to use the command "Add bibliography" without any trouble. Do I need to reinstall the word-plugin, or is it anything else I should do?

All the best
/Lisa
  • What versions of Zotero and Word (specific version like 15.39) and operating system?
  • I use: Zotero Standalone version 4.0.29.17
    Word 2016 MSO 16.0.4549.1000
  • ...and Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607
  • Do you have this issue in a new empty document after you insert one citation? What citation style are you using?
  • I have tried all different things... I have used old documents with citations, I have opened up a new document and made a few citations and I have tried different citation styles, but nothing works. That is, the citations works as they should, but I can't add a bibliography.

These problems appear when using my computer at work (but, as I said, a few weeks ago it worked just fine).
  • Okay. Try to re-install the Word Add-In from Zotero Preferences. If that doesn’t work, please upgrade to Zotero 5 and try again.
  • If you can insert bibliography in a new document, then run through the document debugging instructions.

Otherwise, if this is a bug with Zotero 4.0 (although we are not aware of any such bugs), then you should begin by updating to Zotero 5.0, since it won't be fixed for 4.0 anyway.