Whatever I search for in Advanced Search, the results are shown in the same 2 columns.

I'm a newbie, so forgive me. When I search for something in Advanced Search, the results are always shown under the same two columns. For example, when I search for Journal Abbr I want the result to show the name of the Journal Abbr, but the search doesn't deliver that, it delivers the name of the paper under Title in the first column, and the name of the Creator in the second column. How can I achieve the result I'm looking for?
  • In the upper right corner of the window (both Adanced Search and the main item list), there is a button to show additional columns.
  • There's not currently a column picker in the Advanced Search window.

https://github.com/zotero/zotero/issues/1118

If you save the search, you can view the results in the normal view, though. You can even keep a saved search for that purpose and just double-click on it whenever you want to change the search conditions.
  • Thank you very much indeed for this. It would never have crossed my mind to save a search that didn't display what I wanted! But now that I've tried it I can see that it's a useful 'work-around'.