How to export to EndNote

I tried to export the Zotero library to EndNote.

I selected 'Export library', then I chose 'EndNote XML' as Format (and ticked both boxes 'Export notes' and 'Export Files'.

Once the library is saved on my desktop, I downloaded it to my EndNote, but there are many mistakes, e.g. number of items and the item information on EndNote.

What can I do?
  • you could also try RIS export but otherwise hard to say without more details. What do you mean by number of items and what typ of item information?
  • Just tried RIS format. Same problem.

Everything went wrong after importing to EndNote - the number of items (e.g there are 200 items in Zotero library but there are only 190 imported to EndNote). Also, problem with the bibliographical information on many items individually. The PDF files are imported but EndNote couldn't show the bibliographical information on the overview pane.

Could anyone please help?
  • You'll need to spend some time and describe this more thoroughly. Zotero exports standard RIS/EndNote XML that should just work, but it's obviously possible we're missing something. But to track that down we'd need to know which items aren't importing in Endnote and what "problem with the bibliographical information on many items individually" means specifically.
    If we knew there was a general problem, we'd have fixed it already.
  • thank you.

There are no display on the 'year, author, journal' column on EndNote.
    The title column simply shows the PDF file names.

I can take a snapshot of my EndNote to show what the problem looks like but there is no way I can upload a snapshot photo in this forum?
  • You can upload a screenshot anywhere (imgur, dropbox, e.g.) and link to it here.

How familiar are you with Endnote? I.e. could this be a problem with how you're working with Endnote?
  • Can I have another question -

On the desktop version, how to enlarge the display of each item? Each row is incredibly small and narrow and thus the bibliographical info (font size etc.) are incredibly difficult to read.
  • Preferences --> General --> Font Size