Zotero not import citations of Google Scholar

edited October 10, 2017
When I doing a query in Google Scholar, it isn't possible to import the BibTeX and EndNote citations to Zotero.

In Google Scholar have buttons of citations that to click are import to programs default like BibTeX, EndNote, RefMan, RefWorks. However, this function doesn't working in my Zotero. I'm using the version more update of Zotero and Firefox version 56.

Erro message Zotero

Report ID: 1801069047

[JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]" {file: "resource://services-common/kinto-http-client.js" line: 61}]

version => 5.0.22, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => pt-BR, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.22, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.22, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.3.SA.5.0.22, extension), Shockwave Flash (18.0.0.209, plugin, disabled)

Other errors

Zotero connector Firefox

Report ID: 576458802

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]

[JavaScript Error: "Zotero.Connector_Browser</this.injectScripts/</timeout<@moz-extension://c445d5e0-3e41-4d0d-880a-108167cd810a/background.js:321:12
"]

[JavaScript Error: "Missing host permission for the tab" {file: "undefined"}]

[JavaScript Error: "Zotero.API</this.onAuthorizationCancel@moz-extension://c445d5e0-3e41-4d0d-880a-108167cd810a/api.js:182:26
Zotero.API</this.authorize/</</<@moz-extension://c445d5e0-3e41-4d0d-880a-108167cd810a/api.js:90:69
"]

• 1) While it should work as long as Zotero is open, you shouldn't import RIS/BibTeX directly from Google Scholar. You should just use the Save to Zotero button. Is that not working either?

2) You're getting some odd errors, so you might try temporarily disabling your other Firefox extensions to see if that helps.
  • edited October 16, 2017
    "You should just use the Save to Zotero button. Is that not working either?"

Yes, working!

But, it was more eazy these form. In old version worked well

Thanks! ;-)
  • I'm not sure if something got lost in your post. Does the Save to Zotero button work for you?
  • The Zotero button is work... the button of Google Scholar that no import directly to Zotero... in old version of Zotero, worked well... but, I'm going to adapt the using only button Zotero
  • Using the Zotero button will always be the best way to import into Zotero.
  • Yes to everything said about the Zotero button. But please know that the best way to get accurate, complete, and reliable information from Google Scholar is to use it as an index and click through to the publishers' websites. Then, use the Zotero button to download the metadata from there. The situation has improved greatly from a year ago but getting metadata directly via the GS site will sometimes give wrong data (wrong journal, incomplete author list, etc.). It takes a few more seconds but clicking though to the publisher site should always provide better metadata.