Add items buttons inactive (Report ID: 208737811)

After an upgrade to version 5.0.22 the "add items buttons" do not work for our group library called "Wirkstoffe" (but I can see the library), but for my library and another group library called (F&E) the buttons are active.
Java was installed but it did not work.
No one of my group has this problem.
I am administrator of the group library but obviously have "read only" status since I made the update.

How can we solve the problem?
  • Are you positive that you are an administrator and that hasn't gotten changed? When you look at https://www.zotero.org/groups do you see the options to Manage Member, Manage Profile, etc. under the WIrkstoffe group?

(Java has nothing to do with Zotero; not sure where that idea comes from, but I'd recommend against installing Java browser plugins)
  • yes, I am an administrator. We even changed my status to "member" and then again to "administrator" in order to try if this would work.
    I installed Java because the warning turned up when I wanted to report the problem. After installing Java (the recommendation came from Zotero) this warning disappeared but I still cannot write in the library.
  • And you can sync successfully?
    Can you add an item in the online view of the library?

(And Zotero really doesn't use Java outside of the LibreOffice add-on and you most certainly wouldn't need it to report anything; do you mean javascript?)
  • yes, I can sync successfully.
    I cannot add any items to the "Wirkstoff"-library, but to my personal library.

I think the warning was about Javascript, but it does not appear now.
  • You're saying you still can't an item to the online view of the library? Because you should definitely have editing privileges from the account you're logged into with the group's current settings. It looks like the library was updated today — did you manage to fix this?
  • yes, we managed to fix this, it is running since now. I think there was something wrong after the update. We deinstalled Zotero and reinstalled, that worked.