Zotero crashing Word 2016

For the last few days when trying to insert citations into MS Word 2016, Word crashes. This does not happen every time I try to insert a citation - but probably every 5th or 6th time I try to do so. Here is the report id I submitted: 59882963.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a Word 2016 doc and add/edit a citation (note: I use a hotkey combination to add/edit a citation... Alt+C to add a citation, Alt+V to edit. I don't know if this has anything to do with it).
2. Type in the name of the author(s) you want to cite. Select and hit enter to load them into the citation "toolbar."
3. Hit enter again to insert the citation into Word. --> It is here that the Zotero toolbar fills with green indicating that it is trying to load the citation - and then the Word screen goes blank and I get the green spinning wheel of death.
5. I then get an error saying that Windows has encountered a problem with Word and needs to restart. Sometimes this error is accompanied by another error with the header "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero\zotero.exe" and text that says "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. The RPC server is unavailable. [setText:field.cpp]"

Word then restarts (hopefully having autosaved my document). Sometimes when I try to insert a citation after restart, it works. And sometimes it crashes again.

Help?

Sally
  • Just found the other forum talking about this problem. I'll add this comment into that forum. Thanks.