Change date format in citation

I'm interested in using the Chicago 16th ed. (full note) to cite, but our style guide uses DD Month YYYY instead of Month DD, YYYY. Is there a setting to change that without getting too technical?

Ex.
1. Maj Gen Mason M. Patrick, “The Army Air Service” (lecture, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA, 9 November 1925).
  • Nothing short of modifying the citation style, I'm afraid.
    That's possible, obviously, but a little more involved, in particular for Chicago Manual. Let me know if you're up for that and I (or someone else) can give you pointers (technical note for others: the way to do this would be to define the date format in the locale, not hardcoding the date)
  • @adamsmith I am a new user and have the same issue with the date format in citations (using Chicago full note, 17th ed). I would love to learn how to change Month DD, YYYY to DD Month YYYY. I had a look through http://docs.citationstyles.org/en/stable/specification.html#locale-options but I have to admit, I have no experience in this type of thing. I can follow instructions though.
  • Please find instructions here: http://docs.citationstyles.org/en/stable/translating-locale-files.html#date-formats
    For getting the DD Month YYYY date format, you need to copy and rename the style code file ("chicago-fullnote-bibliography.csl" from the Zotero/styles folder on your computer) in order to create your custom style. Open the new file in a text editor, rename the style there (within the first code lines):
    <title>Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (CUSTOM)</title>
    <id>chicago-fullnote-bibliography-CUSTOM</id>

Then search for the code line <locale xml:lang="en">, and insert right after this line:
    <date form="text">
    <date-part name="day" suffix=" "/>
    <date-part name="month" suffix=" "/>
    <date-part name="year"/>
    </date>

Save the code file, restart Zotero, and add this new style.
  • @bknorn - perfect, it worked. thank you so much!