How to export a Bibliography into bibtex, that was added into a MS-Word File with the Zotero-Plugin?

Hey People,
i have a hard time trying to export my Bibliography out of a Word-Document into another Format such as bibtex. I know how to export a collection into the different formats using zotero-standalone-software, but there is no button in the Zotero-Toolbar in Word for exporting the bibliography that I embedded into the Word-File via the Zotero-Toolbar. I wrote my paper in word, but for finishing the publication they need the paper in LaTex with all the references exported to bibtex.
I already searched in the Zotero Forum and in the www but unfortunately couldn't find any discussion regarding this particular topic.
So, if anyone has a solution to my problem, i would be very glad for sharing it.

Best
  • Do you mean a bibliography inserted with Word's native References feature? If so, you can use the Word reference style here (Steps 1–4) to format the bibliography as BibTeX, which you can then import to Zotero.

If you mean that you have some references typed as regular text in work, then you http://anystyle.io to parse the references, export as BibTeX, and import into Zotero. You could also use this method with a formatted bibliography output from Word's native References feature.
  • The way I understand, they inserted using Zotero and now want those refs as bibtex.

For that, use http://rintze.zelle.me/ref-extractor/, re-import into Zotero and export as bibtex.
  • Thank you for your answer. However, i may have expressed myself in a misleading way.
    Here's another try:
    I added the References in a Word file using the field "add/edit citation" within the Zotero "Microsoft Word-Add-IN". So no, not with Word's native references feature.
    Next, I added the Bibliography via "Insert Bibliography", again with zotero's word-add-in.
    Now I have all my references in the right place within the word document and the bibliography at the end of it.
    However, the text (that was written with word and zotero) needs to be processed further in LaTex.
    So we need to figure out a way to get these references into some LaTex-readable format. The Toolbar of zotero's word-add-in itself has no function to export the references. And within my zotero-standalone, I can't find a separate folder with the references, I included in my word file. And that's where I'm lost now and need help.
  • (see my answer; I think we overlapped)
  • Oh yes, that looks promising, thank you very much!