Zotero Connector on Firefox Beta 57

Hi, I'm using Firefox Beta 57 because v56 was crashing even after recommended reset, on Mac 10.12.6

I understand that one shouldn't expect immediate support for 3rd Party extensions/add-ons such as Zotero in a Beta - but could anyone suggest ways to add Webpages to Zotero Standalone - given that the previous Finder Context Menu option and Firefox Button no longer work?

Thanks
  • The Zotero Connector works fine on Firefox 57 — part of the benefit of Mozilla's new extension architecture is that WebExtensions are much less likely to be affected by Firefox version changes. If you're having trouble, you'll have to say exactly what's happening and provide a Report ID from the connector.
  • Thanks for the reply and link.

Where should the Connector be listed in the about:addons page?

I couldn't find it under Extensions, Plugins or Legacy Extensions

I'm using Zotero 5.0.21
  • Sorry, and the problem is that there is no add to Zotero button in the Firefox toolbar, nor in the Cutomise Toolbar options and the Context menu option (Right-click) on any webpage is gone too.
  • You'll need to figure out why the Connector isn't installed. That wouldn't be a Zotero problem, since the Connector is just a normal WebExtension, and it definitely works in 57.
  • Thanks, is the Connector part of the standard installation package or is added after Zotero is installed? Should I consider reinstalling Zotero standalone?
  • You have to install the Connector from the download page.
  • Oh, were you saying that you had Zotero for Firefox installed, and then upgraded to Firefox 57, which moved it to Legacy Extensions and disabled it? In that case, yes, you just need to install the Zotero Connector, which will replace the legacy extension. We'll be pushing out the Zotero Connector to existing Zotero for Firefox users before Firefox 57 ships.
  • Excellent, you're suggestions have fixed the issue.

Yes, I already had it installed in FF 56, so when I upgraded to the FF Beta the existing extension was disabled. Installing the Connector per your suggestion has restored Zotero.

Thankyou :)