Impossible to save metadata+pdf with zotero connector in firefox

Hi,

I installed Zotero 5.0.21 and the zotero connector in firefox. It seems impossible to save both metadata AND pdf in zotero (although the option "automatically add pdf files when saving documents" is ON in the zotero preferences). I did some tests with papers which are already in my zotero library, that I added with the previous zotero extension. Now, with the connector, either I can save the pdf (the zotero connector is a "pdf icon" : the journal of physical chemistry A), either the metadata (the zotero connector is a "directory icon" : journal of molecular modeling or journal of computational chemistry). In this last case, a window opens when I click on the icon and asks me which item I would like to ad to my library (but there is always only one!). I have seen that at least one similar problem is reported in the forum, but I don't understand the answer (about the proxies).

Thank you

Isabelle

PS : my operating system is ubuntu 12.04 in 32 bits so that my version of firefox is 52.0.2 (32 bits) (the latest one)
  • We'd need specific URLs to say more.
  • edited September 28, 2017
    I have discovered something : to add the metadata and the pdf of a paper in zotero I should not display the pdf in my browser (what I did previously with the the "old" zotero), but the page of the journal corresponding to this paper! :D

Thus the problem is solved. Thank you for your time

Isabelle

PS : The only (small) problem is that we cannot choose the pdf we prefer to save (standard one or with links)