Zotero tab in Firefox or any other browser

Hello,

I know things have changed, but is there any way to come back to the previous configuration where I can open a zotero tab to see my library? It doesnt matter in which browser, but to me the most important feature of Zotero was accesing my library right from the browser without having to open the program apart.

Also, when I open Zotero 5.0 and I open any article, it always opens it in explorer. How can I configure it to open with any other browser?

Thanks
  • See this blog post for why the change to a separate program was necessary. It really shouldn't be a big deal once you get used to the workflow - just keeping Zotero open and clicking on the program icon instead of the browser icon.
    Also, when I open Zotero 5.0 and I open any article, it always opens it in explorer. How can I configure it to open with any other browser?
    Depends on what OS you are running, but in general, Zotero uses the default OS browser to open links, so you'd have to change that.
  • Well, it is a big deal to me to be changing windows while I could just have Firefox open in full screen. Even more in slow machines or if I need to have other processes running.

Thank you for the answer anyways, Ill try to get the previous add-on and the previous version of firefox to see if I can make it working.
  • Also I would suggest to include the option of opening on-line articles from different browsers than the default OS browser. Im sure im not the only one who uses a specific browser to work with articles while using other browsers for other issues.
    It should be an easy setting to include in Zotero software.

Regards
  • I'd recommend against reverting to old Firefox&add-on. You're just pushing out the change for a couple of months. The longest you can use Zotero 4 is June 2018 (that's when support for the last version of Firefox that can run it ends) and support for it, including the ability to sync and the guarantee that import translators will work, will very likely end a good deal before then.
    (FWIW, alt+tab works in full screen mode, too)