PDF Attachment not downloadable from online bibliography

Hi all,
New to Zotero here, but surfing not helping me. I am making a globally accessible library. I have PDFs attached to the citations.
But I can only download the PDF when I am logged in, cannot click on it if not logged in. I set the Privacy to "Publish Entire Library" and :"Publish Notes."
What am I doing wrong?

Example:
https://www.zotero.org/transplantid/items/collectionKey/87WUEM2D/itemKey/NDDCGI4W

The PDF icon is there but not downloadable.

I tried IE, Chrome, and Chrome mobile from my phone.

Thanks,
Y
  • Those options only share the item metadata publicly, not the file attachments. To share PDFs for your own publications, use the new My Publications feature in Zotero 5.0.
  • Thanks, I see.

I plan on only sharing PDFs that are available to the public anyway such as PubMed Central articles (avoiding the copyright issues). I suppose that means that the only solution is to also put all of those PDFs under the "My Publications" option?
  • In that case, I would just recommend putting the PMC URLs in the URL field. My Publications is only intended for article you have authored.

Rather than using your own library, I would recommend make a Public, Open Group library for this purpose.