Innopac Not Recognizing Item Search

Innovative Interfaces Sierra system allows item search .
The translator for InnoPAC should be adjusted to account for this reality.
  • Can you give a specific URL where the translator isn’t working?
  • that's rather tricky, as there's very little for Zotero to pick up from that URL -- what's the use case for item search? Regular search seems to work fine.
  • Innovative's API's are a bit tricky. However, if a new book list is created based on item date, the generated (item record based) links don't work in Zotero. However, the same page based on a bibliographic record number search works fine (https://lib.hope.edu/record=b2122056~S4).
    I actually got into this because of a complaint from one of our public services staff regarding the carousel at http://guides.westernsem.edu/.
  • are the item record numbers somehow restricted? do the all start with i? Do they have a similar number of digits after the i? Can they contain anything other than i and digits?
    The more we can narrow the pattern we need to search for down, the better.
  • They all start with i and they denote a particular item on the shelf. The database software does not allow duplication of any number in the system.
  • and after they i are those all going to be numbers or can they be alphanumeric? Or even have special characters (like the ~ in the book number)?
    Sorry for all those questions, but Zotero will run code from the innoPAC translator on every page whose URL contains that pattern, so we want to limit false positives as much as possible to prevent it from slowing down people's browsers.
  • They're all numeric. It will accept the ~ information, but it's not necessary, since the information that follows the ~ is automatically calculated from the i number.
  • Cool, thanks; that's actually a quick fix I think - we should get this up by the end of the weekend the latest.
  • This should be fixed now after updating your translators from the general tab of the Zotero preferences.