Style Request: CBAB Journal

edited September 25, 2017
http://www.sbmp.org.br/cbab/siscbab/modules/tiny3/

Citação em texto:
(Campbell and Pedersen 2007)
(Mares 2001)

Bibliografia:

Campbell JL and Pedersen OK (2007) As variedades do capitalismo e do sucesso híbrido. Estudos políticos comparativo:40(3), 307-332.

Livro:

Mares I (2001) Empresas e estado de bem-estar: quando, por que e como a política social interessa aos empregadores? In PA Hall and D. Soskice (eds) Variedades do capitalismo. Os fundamentos institucionais da vantagem comparativa. Universidade de Oxford, Nova York, p. 184-213.

• Please (re-)read https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles

we'd need the specific references given there, i.e. Mares and Campbel&Pederson, formatted in the style you're requesting.
  • edited September 25, 2017
    Citação em texto:
    (Mares 2001)

Bibliografia:

Campbell JL and Pedersen OK (2007) As variedades do capitalismo e do sucesso híbrido. Estudos políticos comparativo:40(3), 307-332.

Livro:

Mares I (2001) Empresas e estado de bem-estar: quando, por que e como a política social interessa aos empregadores? In PA Hall and D. Soskice (eds) Variedades do capitalismo. Os fundamentos institucionais da vantagem comparativa. Universidade de Oxford, Nova York, p. 184-213.

• We need them with the titles in the original English, just formatted as you would like them to appear.
  • Sorry -- I don't know how to contact you otherwise BWiernik. Is is possible to have you create a new bibliographic style for my organization (the Congressional Research Service)? We have our own style, very close to Chicago, but they won't let me use any that you have. Please contact me. (jaleggett@crs.loc.gov)
  • (I'll contact jaleggett)
  • @damnation can I edit it? it is not totally right
  • edited September 26, 2017
    quote:
    (Hisakata et. al 2016)
    (Mares 2001)

bibliography:

Campbell JL and Pedersen OK (2007) As variedades do capitalismo e do sucesso híbrido. Estudos políticos comparativo:40, 307-332.

Hisakata R, Nishida S ’ya and Johnston A (2016) An adaptable metric shapes perceptual space. Current Biology 26: 1911–1915.

Book:

• Can you point out what is not correct?
    I've followed the guidelines. You didn't provide a link to an actual publication, so I have not been able to confirm the guidelines actually match the publications.
    You're also writing everything in Portuguese which I'm unsure why you're doing that. The journal states it only publishes in English. And even if not, you wouldn't translate a NAME of a journal or the title.
    @damnation the comma after the author's name, must be "Sambrook J and Russell DW" without the comma.
    The pages in " Hisakata R, Nishida S ’ya, and Johnston A (2016) An adaptable metric shapes perceptual space. Current Biology 26: 1911–1915. p. 1911–1915." must apear just once, the correct is "Hisakata R, Nishida S ’ya and Johnston A (2016) An adaptable metric shapes perceptual space. Current Biology 26: 1911–1915." The comma here is also wrong.

The bold is correct.

Must have one fore the internet source, like:
    "Barros F, Vinhos F, Rodrigues VT, Barberena FFVA, Fraga CN, Pessoa E
    M, Forster W and Menini Neto L (2013) Orchidaceae. In Lista de
    espécies da flora do Brasil. Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro. Available
    at "name of the site" Accessed on April 6, 2015"

And the last one must be
    "Sambrook J and Russell DW (2001) Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual, in CHSL Press eds, Cold Spring Harbor, New York, 999p."

Between the last two names, we do not put commas.

The citation also do not have comma, the right one is
    "(Hogue 2001, Sambrook and Russell 2001, Musk 2006, Hisakata et al. 2016)

Thank you.

http://www.sbmp.org.br/cbab/siscbab/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=89&storynum=25 The link for the current publications
    - Current publication: those just look like abstracts. I need a full paper with in-text citations and a bibliography.
    - comma before "and": fixed
    - inter sources: again, add one to your guidelines and I would've added it in the first place. That's added now.
    - Sambrook: unsure what you are trying to tell me here.
    - in text commas: fixed. Again, access to a publication would've not created this problem in the first place.

Here the new file: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/815b8b791e7def0e71a6136f7d63d6d8ec70458d/crop-breeding-and-applied-biotechnology.csl
  • @damnation when you click on the "Attached File" rather than the PDF icon, you get the full article; e.g. http://www.sbmp.org.br/cbab/siscbab/uploads/bb7f427b-7a26-5534.pdf (let me know if that's paywalled, but I don't think it is)
  • Cheers, Adamsmith! That's not very intuitive.
  • took me three tries to get there...
  • I'm sorry for the mistakes, I'm not used to this.

the only thing you did not change was the comma between the authors' names, when it's 3 or more authors, we put comma and the "and" between the last two, without the comma.
    Exemple:
    3 authors:
    "Hisakata R, Nishida S ’ya and Johnston A"
    Thank you again
  • @Cbabjournal
    Check out the newest style from the repository. https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:crop-breeding-and-applied-biotechnology

You don't work for CBAB, do you?
  • Yes, I do.

Thanks
  • @damnation I would like to ask another change.
    There is not a end point between the name of the magazine and the volume.

The right form: Van Den Dool H and Kratz PD (1963) A generalization of the retention index system including linear temperature programmed gas-liquid partition chromatography. Journal of Chromatography A 11: 463-471.
    The name of the magazine and the volume must be in bold, not just the volume.

And when I was using I saw that there is a type of reference that shows the DOI of the article and in our magazine, we do not use it in the references.

Can you help me? I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.
  • edited October 5, 2017
    Are you sure you are using the last version of the .csl?

It currently outputs like this for me:
    van Den Dool H and Dec. Kratz P (1963) A generalization of the retention index system including linear temperature programmed gas—liquid partition chromatography. Journal of Chromatography A 11: 463–471.

I have removed the DOI bit. It does that for journal articles if they do not have a volume number and page value yet, basically when they are epub ahead of print. You will very likely have seen that when reading papers.

Right click and save, double click after download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/POBrien333/styles/b00a4ca0135cd60667d7dcca1594ad60c5dc95b7/crop-breeding-and-applied-biotechnology.csl
  • I'm not sure if i'm using the last version of .csl
    I'm trying to create this style for the authors of the magazine, to use in mendeley, when I checked in Word, appears with end point and no bold.
    Like this:
    "Amorim Neto O and Rodriguez JCC (2016) O novo método histórico-comparativo e seus aportes à ciência política e à administração pública. 50: 1003–1026." (bold appears only in the volume.)
  • For Mendeley:
    You can download the file by right clicking on the link and save as. Then copy the file to the Mendeley directory where you'll find a citationstyles folder. On Windows it's: C:/Windows/Program Files (x86)/mendeleydesktop/share/mendeleydesktop/citationStyles-1.0 (or something along those lines).

Then start (or restart) Mendeley and you can select the Style in the menu.
  • Mendeley actually doesn't auto-update styles, so the first thing to check would be under
    View-->Citation Styles --> More if it says "Update Available" and if so right-click "Update style"
    If not, you can also directly install from the URL damnation posts above under "Get More Styles"
    (sorry for the Mendeley details).
  • When I add the URL mendeley says that the style is already installed and there isn't a option for update
  • Then do what I have told you. Save the file, overwrite it.
  • I did it and it did not work.
  • edited October 5, 2017
    Can you open the .csl in your Mendeley folder and tell us what it says in line 17 starting with <updated?
  • edited October 5, 2017
    Line 17:

category citation-format="author-date"/

The updated is in line 21:

updated>2017-10-05T13:10:44+00:00</updated
  • edited October 5, 2017
    You're lucky I got my laptop with me at work today where I got Mendeley installed.

Just tried the very same thing I told you:
    - Save file as csl file
    - add it in the citationstyles1.0 folder
    - open Word and cite the Amorim paper and make a bibliography using the CBAB style.

Comes out like this:
    (Amorim Neto and Cossio Rodriguez 2016)

Amorim Neto O and Cossio Rodriguez JC (2016) The new comparative-historical method and its contributions to political science and public administration. El nuevo método histórico-comparado y sus aportes a la ciencia política y a la administración pública. 50: 1003–1026.

(Side note: you'll probably say there is a dot between the journal name and the volume. That is because there was a dot at the end of the journal name in the Mendeley field. Just deleting that will remove it. Not a mistake in the .csl. That's programmed correctly).

• Oh, I get the dot now.
    but the bold, still just in the volume, maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.
  • Something is funky though. The updated> stuff should defo be in line 17.
    Can you compare it with this?
    Just left click on this and open website: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/blob/39dbfc1dc780c64da50e033d426528f8903342ea/crop-breeding-and-applied-biotechnology.csl