Stuck on Applying update

Help->Check for updates is stuck on "Applying update...". The process never finishes

Report ID: 43471301
  • Have you tried restarting and updating again?
  • edited November 23, 2017
    Same here!

After version 5.0.26., when I go Help->Check for updates is stuck on "Applying update...".

The process never finishes (no OK button).

But after restart, I see that it is updatet to 5.0.27.

And today the same. But after restart I see that I have 5.0.28.

Before version 5.0.26. everything was OK.

Why?

How can I resolve this problem?

Many thanks.
  • Anybody? Please...

Many thanks.
  • The applying update notice box on my mac doesn’t close for me either. I let it display for 30+ minutes while I ran an errand. The last several updates have had this cosmetic problem. If I exit Zotero and reopen it, the software has been updated. I’m on the 5-beta pathway. If you provide instructions, I’ll be glad to help with testing and reporting.
  • I’m not sure why the prompt to restart isn’t showing, but Zotero does need to restart when applying updates, so the steps you are following aren’t unusual. In general, I wouldn’t worry about this.
  • @bwiernik
    I agree. This is purely a cosmetic thing. But for someone less familiar with Zotero this could be unsettling.
  • I am od Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

And until version 5.0.26., everythig was working perfect!

I love Zotero!

But with version 5.0.26., applying update process never finishes...

I must hit X on window to close it and restart it. And you dont know when to do it, because Zotero always show applying update...

What should I try?

Many thanks!
  • So you are saying that when you are updating, it doesn’t finish, and you close and restart Zotero, it stays on 5.0.26? That’s not what you said above—even if it doesn’t say that it finishes, it should be and you should be upgraded on restart.

If not, please submit a Debug ID (in the Help menu) for an upgrade attempt that never finishes.

Then, download the Zotero installer from http://Zotero.org/download and install over the top of your current installation.
  • No, no, it does update.

But there is no OK button after update and I cant know when to hit X on window, after 30 sec, 1 minute or 5 minute?

Updating progress bar never stops...

OK, its not such a big problem, but I dont understand what went wrong?

It was working perfectly till now!
  • It's a bug in the updater so it isn't prompting you that it's done, and it should be fixed. But, again, you don't need to worry about it—it's just a small cosmetic bug.