APA style with "and" instead of "&"

I am writing a paper for "Evolutionary Psychology". As far as I can tell they use APA style, but instead of writing & they use and (in both citations and bibliography).
Is there a name for this style?
If I change this manually, is there a way for me to not allow it to change back every time I add a ref from zotero?

Thanks,
Sigal
  • I don't know about a name for that style.
    If you change it manually in the "show editor" field of the citation tool rather than in the text it will not revert to the old one.

You can also just change one line in the code and then follow directions here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5104/modifying-word-plugin-using-journal-abbreviation-instead-of-publication-name/#Item_2
    to change the code
    change the line
    <name form="short" and="symbol" delimiter=", " initialize-with=". "/>

to
    <name form="short" and="text" delimiter=", " initialize-with=". "/>

If this seems alright as a style let us know and we can upload the style to the repository.
  • Very good advice. Thanks. Never used the "show editor" before.

I changed the code and the citation is now working well, however I think I need another line for the bibliography.

If I am changing codes, can you also refer me to the change for eliminating the issue number?
    Thanks again,
    Sigal
  • glad that's helfpful.
    For bibliography,
    change
    <name name-as-sort-order="all" and="symbol" sort-separator=", "
    to
    <name name-as-sort-order="all" and="text" sort-separator=", "

To eliminate the issue number, find and delete this line:
    <text variable="issue" prefix="(" suffix=")"/>
  • WOW! It really worked!
  • I suggest adding this style (with the two mentioned changes) to the repository and name it "Evolutionary Psychology"
  • thanks for the update, will do that when I get a chance