"req is undefined"

Hi,

Report ID: 158116329

I am running version 5.0.18 on Windows 10. To re-create this error, simply try to sync! It will fail with the error message "req is undefined."

Thanks for your help.
  • edited September 19, 2017
    Longer error message for your convenience:

[JavaScript Error: "zoterofilestorage.s3.amazonaws.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
    The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
    An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
    "]

[extra output removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/UULSJGJY failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "req is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/zfs.js" line: 699}]

version => 5.0.18, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.18, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.18, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.2.SA.5.0.18, extension)
  • The "req is undefined" message is a bug that we'll fix, but the underlying error indicates a problem with your network connection:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/ssl_certificate_error
  • The error message is now fixed in Zotero 5.0.20, but you'll need to fix the underlying problem.
  • What do you mean by "problem with my network connection"? As far as I can tell, there's no problem with the network connection--every other program can connect to the internet.
  • did you follow the link?