download zotero 4 standalone

Is it still possible to get an installer for and use Zotero 4 stand-alone?

I am trying to set up a third computer to sync with my other two computers on which Zotero 4 is still running. I have different problems with the new Zotero system and the synchronization is not working well, so I'd like to try to use the old system.
  • Sorry, I can't delete the post, but the file can be downloaded here:
    https://www.zotero.org/download/#
    (click on "Looking for Zotero 4.0?)
  • It would be much better for us to help you figure out Zotero 5. There is no issue running Zotero 5 on one computer and older versions on others.
  • Well, I posted a bug(?) report in the Zotfile thread because the renaming to linked attachments using that extension does not work with Zotero 5. Until that issue is resolved, my setup is not functional with Zotero 5.
  • Okay, that is a different issue than “synchronization not working well”. Understandable.
  • Thanks anyway for the attempt to help. I think the synchronization actually works correctly. Pdfs are uploaded to the Zotero cloud on the Zotero 5 computer (because the linked attachements do not work and everything is incorrectly moved into the Zotero folder), but they are not downloaded onto the other computer where Zotero 4 is configured to search for linked pdfs in my library folder and not synchronize full-texts. Anyway, I'll return to Zotero 4 on all computers for now.
  • edited October 9, 2017
    - Tried to go back to Zotero 4 (after installing Zotero 5 and encountering problems with setting it up) on a computer and got an error message "This version of Zotero is older than the version last used with your database. Current version: 4.0.29.17 Please upgrade to the latest version from zotero.org."
    - Tried this method to change the database, but did not work: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/newer_db_version
    - Re-installed Zotero 5 and latest version of Zotfile and now the setup seems to work (i.e., Zotfile seems functional).
  • Yes, you can't use a database that has been upgraded with Zotero 4. If you need to go back to Zotero 4, follow the instructions linked above to find the zotero.sqlite.77.bak file and replace your database with this one (which is the pre-upgrade backup of your database).

Glad that Zotero 5 is working for you now!
This discussion has been closed.