Emerald author

Using the connector on Emerald Insights journal save the author field in "name surname" format, instead of "surname, name" format, leading to inconsistencies on how other journals are imported

Example URL: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/eb018456
  • Unless this is consistently the case across all of Emerald, I'm not sure we'll be able to fix this. They're displaying authors incorrectly in their metadata.
  • I have considerable experience with Emerald and I've found that their author names for journal articles are consistently incorrectly formatted if the author's full first name is presented. I believe that with Emerald books the author names are inconsistent. With journal article authors, Emerald is _not_ consistent with the way authors' initials are presented. Sometimes (rarely) with periods, usually 1 or more upper case letters without an intervening space but sometimes the initials have spaces.

Long ago, after I pointed this out I got a reply saying that their readers liked to see author names in normal order. I pointed out that metadata and appearance on a page were quite different things. I don't remember receiving a reply.
  • We tried to improve this for Emerald in the Atypon translator. Update your translator or wait and possibly restart your browser/standalone to see the fix.