Advanced Search Limitations

It seems that the Advanced Search option to search any of the following conditions is very limited. I would like to use Advanced Search to search a specific collection for any of a number of conditions. This search seems impossible, as the setting to search a collection is forced to be included in the any conditions, meaning that it does not limit the search to the collection. The obvious fix is to limit the Advanced Search to the externally selected collection, just as the simple search does. If I'm missing a way to do an Advanced Search on a selected collection with the "Any" toggle, let me know.
  • You can chain together multiple Saved Seaches. So first make a Saved Search with your ‘any’ conditions. Then do a second Advanced Search with ‘all’ searching your collection and the first Saved Search.
  • edited September 12, 2017
    OK, that works, but it's a very convoluted, time-consuming and unintuitive method. Why not simply have an option in the Search in Library dropdown of Selected Folder? Normally, when I want to do an Advanced Search, I am already in the folder of interest. Currently, I then have to make a condition of selecting the folder in a dropdown which I have already selected in the left panel. I would think this would be a fairly easy change to make that would greatly enhance the usability of Advanced Search.