713312975 : Javascript errors

Ever since I upgraded to the most recent zotero and to the new Firefox connector, the javascript engine has been throwing errors: [Javascript Error: "Script injection timed out" {file: "moz-extension://fe496004-1319-44fc-87c2-f87de092fb0e/background.js line: 289}] This may be related to 1248093803. Please fix. Thanks.
  • Are you experiencing any actual problems in usage or unexpected behavior?
  • Yes. See 1248093803. In addition, Zotero sometimes hangs, sometimes does not respond to right clicks, sometimes fails to carry out a search. Sometimes I must exit Zotero and open it again to restore expected behavior. This all since the upgrade to 5.0.17.
  • The issue in your other thread is unrelated to this error. If you are experiencing any other issues that are reproducible, please create separate threads for each with steps to reproduce and accompanying Report IDs from the relevant application (i.e. in the cases you mentioned above it would be Zotero itself).
  • That's why I said that it "may" relate and why I submitted two error reports. Waiting for timeouts may explain the errors I reported here.
  • The timeouts occur in the Firefox extension and is generally a known issue that we'll release a bugfix for soon, but that shouldn't affect normal usage and wouldn't have any effect on the Zotero application itself. Once again, if you do see reproducible freezing or similar issues, please create separate threads describing those in full and we'll do our best to troubleshoot and fix them.