Can't open Zotero

Windows 7, Zotero 5.0.17
Program doesn't open. Error message:
Error: Could not open connection to \\home.gu.gu.se\home-XS$\xsannp\Documents\DOKUMENT\zotero\zotero.sqlite: 2153971714
openConnection/</<@resource://gre/modules/Sqlite.jsm:945:16
From previous event:
ZoteroService@file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Zotero/components/zotero-service.js:347:4
XPCOMUtils__getFactory/factory.createInstance@resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm:387:19
@chrome://zotero/content/include.js:4:14

Get the option to look for updates or close.

Uninstall, delete everything that has to do with Zotero in registry and install again doesn't help.
Trying to open an earlier version of zotero.sqlite doesn't help.

• 2153971714 means NS_ERROR_STORAGE_IOERR, which is a generic storage I/O error. This is pretty common when trying to use a Zotero data directory on a network filesystem, which doesn't always correctly mirror the normal filesystem behavior expected for database access.

Your best bet, at least temporarily, is to move the data directory to "Zotero" in your home directory (e.g., C:\Users\:username\Zotero). Zotero should then prompt you whether to use that instead of your missing configured data directory on the network drive.
  • Thank's, that worked. I guess one need to think of the university server as a cloud service and avoid storing the database there? I remember having this problem years ago but when installing Standalone I ignored it... I also work with EndNote and I haven't had any problems storing that database on the server though.