Problem with standalone for Firefox

I have been using Zotero for Firefox for years with no problem. Now, I have downloaded the standalone and the connector but am not able to add items to my existing library . New selections only go to what I assume is the connector window.

Advice please.
  • New selections only go to what I assume is the connector window.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. What exactly happens when you try to save?
  • My tech vocabulary is very limited, but I will try to explain. When I log in to my Zotero account through the Zotero webpage, I have access to my existing library and collections. However, when I save, the item only shows up on the "new" vacant window which doesn't appear to be connected to my existing account since no login is required. How can I save to the existing library? I have other questions/sources of confusion, but I need to figure this out first.
  • Zotero Standalone must be running if you want to import item to the collection or you have to authorize connector and your online account. You find this in the options of the connector in the General tab.
  • The way I understand it, what they call the "Connector Window" is actually Zotero Standalone, so the question would be why that doesn't have the data from the old Firefox profile.

If you're in a rush, sync will work: https://www.zotero.org/support/sync but you also likely have a copy of your database somewhere on your harddisk.
  • LiborA -- Thanks. I had already authorized the connector so adamsmith's suggestion seems the most pertinent. Here is where my tech limitations are a problem. I'm not sure how to identify my old profile and how to get it into standalone if I do. I tried to sync but there is no sync option shown on my online account (no green arrows like there used to be in the old library). I give up for tonight.
  • I figured out the sync. Thanks for your help.