Organizing articles by author

I would like to display authors alphabetically outside of the folders that I have created, and do not seem to know how to do this with Zotero. I was able to do this with Mendeley, and was wondering how to display author names that when I click on their name all of their publications will appear, whether those publications are in a folder that I created or not.
  • You can use Advanced Search (the magnifying glass icon) to search for items with a particular Creator. If you have some authors that you search for frequently, you can save an Advanced Search (which then acts like a smart folder that stays up to date with the current results).
  • (there is no option to filter by an author by clicking on them though. I think that would be nice, but doubt it'll happen any time soon)
  • Thank you for this information. What if I just want a listing of the authors below the folders, is that possible to do in Zotero?
  • I'm afraid not. ZotFile let's you organize PDFs by author, so that might be an option:
    http://zotfile.com/