Problem with downloading RIS - Zotero 5.0

I have a problem with downloading books and articles in RIS from library databases. It worked the first day I downloaded Zotero 5.0, but I haven't been able to get it to work since. When I try to download a book/article (in both firefox and chrome), the Icon with "importing" pops up, but it never imports anything. It works fine with websites and databases like PubMed, but not the RIS import. I've tried on 4 different computers now, and have reinstalled Zotero, but it will not work. Is there anything I can try?
  • Can you provide any problematic URLs for testing?
  • https://bib.ucl.dk/en/search/ting/53215092

The RIS button is the one to the left of the "Find it here" button.
  • How did you "import" it exactly (step by step)? Can you be more detail?
    For explanation. Zotero connector recognizes data on the page and if it finds "usable" data or "characteristic strings" then select a correct translator. If the connector does not find usable data, then you can import it directly only as a web page.
    If you download a RIS file, you can import them in menu File -> Import (or in the file manager you can right click on the downloaded RIS file and select Open with -> Zotero).
    It works for me, I do not see any problem with importing RIS data from the URL posted above.
  • @CKAN -- does direct RIS import from other pages (e.g. google scholar "Cite" window) still work for you?
  • edited September 1, 2017
    @adamsmith

No, google scholar doesn't work either.

We got it to work on a couple computers yesterday, by removing the connector and then downloading a RIS file - open in Zotero, then download the connector again, and the RIS download then started working without problems. It worked on my computer yesterday - today it doesn't work again.
  • are you running any other reference manager on those computers?

And the "Automatically import files" option in the Zotero connector options/preferences is checked (that's for the browser add-on; not in Standalone)?
  • edited September 1, 2017
    @adamsmith No, Zotero is the only one installed. And yes the "Automatically import files" is checked in the browser.