Problem with syncing collections

I use Zotero standalone on my MacBook and on a PC. For the most part, there is no problem syncing the two. However, I created a collection on my MacBook version, and this collection does not appear on my PC version. Also, none of the references in that collection show up in my main library in the PC version.
  • Hi,

Thanks for sending. I think that the problem is with the library on my MacBook where I created the collection. There is a warning sign next to the sync button. Report ID: 1726500394. It says that there is an error connecting to the server, but I am online and having no problems with my connection otherwise.
  • sync.zotero.org:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
    The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
    An additional root certificate may need to be imported.
    The certificate is only valid for wireless-login.******
    Your university wireless network is intercepting your secure connections. This sometimes happens in corporate environments, but a university really shouldn't be doing that. What do you see for the site certificate info for https://sync.zotero.org from your browser?
  • When I click that link (sync.zotero.org), the page says "Nothing to see here.". When I look at the site certificate info, it says 'This certificate is valid'. What other information do you need from the site certificate info window?
  • See the linked instructions.
  • Ah I see. It's issued by RapidSSL, which seems right.
  • Yes, that's right. So then it's possible your browser is set to use different proxy settings from the system proxy settings (which is what Zotero would use). Restarting your computer might also help.
  • I've restarted my computer a few times and continued to have this problem. Can you provide guidance re: fixing the proxy settings?
  • No, not really. You'd have to ask your IT department for help.

If you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option, I can tell you whether you Zotero is using a proxy server.